Terms & Conditions
You may purchase gift cards online in increments of $25, $50, $75 and $100. Gift cards are shipped in our Signature Brown & White hatbox to the shipping address provided. Gift card shipping fees are determined by the shipping method selected at checkout. If you wish to purchase gift cards in any other amount, please contact our Customer Care department by phone at 1-800-HBENDEL (1-800-423-6335) or by email at Support@Henribendel.com to place an order. Event Registration Gift Card prices are fixed based on event registration amount. You are encouraged to use your Event Registration Gift Card during event hours, but it does not expire. If you have any questions about your purchase, e-mail Support@Henribendel.com or call 1-800-HBENDEL (1-800-423-6335). Please refer to your order number when calling or emailing.
Gifts cards are issued by Henri Bendel and are redeemable for merchandise only at Henri Bendel stores and henribendel.com unless otherwise required by applicable law. Your gift card may not be used for payment on any credit card account, to purchase another gift card or toward previously purchased merchandise. If your card is lost, stolen or destroyed, Henri Bendel may replace it if you provide the card number. Replacement value will be the value of the card at the time Henri Bendel receives your report of loss, theft or unauthorized use. Your card carries no expiration date. Under new federal law gift card amounts cannot exceed $2,000 per card. No more than $10,000 worth of gift cards can be issued in the same day to any one person. Gift cards are not returnable or refundable. All gift cards are final sale.
USING A PROMOTIONAL CODE
In order to take advantage of a Henri Bendel promotion, you must enter the promotional code in the space provided on the Checkout page and click the “Apply” button. Promotional codes are case sensitive. The value of the promotion will either be applied to your order subtotal, or to will appear on each discounted item in your cart.
Full-priced merchandise must total order minimum prior to taxes and fees. Free shipping offers are valid on ground shipments anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States. Gift cards, gift box fees, shipping & handling and taxes do not qualify toward offer eligibility. Offer subject to adjustment due to returns, cancellations and exchanges. Price adjustments on previously purchased merchandise are not available. Offers valid on full-priced merchandise only unless otherwise indicated. Limit of one promotional code per order. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. Not valid on store purchases unless otherwise indicated. Offers may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Excludes sale, beauty items, gift cards, the Martini Trunk, and individual merchandise priced over $5,000 unless otherwise indicated.
Sales tax will be added to orders shipping to the following states where we have Henri Bendel store locations: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Sales tax will be collected on applicable items in these states by shipping address and jurisdiction. Please note that tax calculations are based on the state of the shipping address on your order. Shipments to any other state will not include tax.
EMAIL SIGN UP 10% OFF AND FREE SHIPPING POLICY
Enter your unique promotion code at checkout to redeem. Offer valid on full-priced merchandise only. Offer subject to adjustment due to returns, cancellations and exchanges. Price adjustments on previously purchased merchandise are not available. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
Free shipping available on ground shipping orders within the contiguous US. Some restrictions apply. Merchandise must total order minimum of $100.00 prior to taxes and fees. Gift cards, gift box fees, shipping & handling and taxes do not qualify toward offer eligibility. Offer subject to adjustment due to returns, cancellations and exchanges. Price adjustments on previously purchased merchandise are not available. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice.
Terms for posting photo with Henri Bendel hashtag and Notice of Copyright Infringement
Add #hbluxelife to your photo of your Henri Bendel Luxe Collection and post it on Instagram. We might select some of them to post on our website, to share with our Facebook fans or Twitter followers, or in other media featuring Henri Bendel.
By adding the #hbluxelife hashtag to your photo, you: confirm that you are at least 18 years old; confirm that if there is a person in the photo, it is you; and agree to the following terms:
- For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged with my agreement to these Terms by using the noted hashtag, I hereby grant to Henri Bendel, Inc., its agents, and others working for it or on its behalf, and their respective licensees, successors and assigns (collectively, “Henri Bendel”) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unrestricted, irrevocable and unlimited right and permission, but not the obligation, to post on a Henri Bendel website or a social media website(s) or page selected by Henri Bendel and to use, distribute, publish, exhibit, digitize, broadcast, display, reproduce, edit, prepare derivative works from, and otherwise exploit the tagged photo, my name, signature, likeness, voice, and biographical information, and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, together with any actual or fictional material, in any manner or media whatsoever (whether now known or hereafter devised) anywhere in the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising or trade in promoting and publicizing Henri Bendel and its products and services.
- I understand and agree that I and my heirs and assigns will have no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, distortion, illusionary effect, faulty reproduction, fictionalization, or use in any composite form of the tagged photo, my name, signature, likeness, voice, and biographical information.
- I understand and agree that Henri Bendel retains all rights regarding its trademarks, trade names, brand names and trade dress. These marks, names or trade dress, and all associated logos or images are registered and/or common law trademarks of Henri Bendel or other affiliated companies (collectively, “Marks”), and they are protected by U.S. and international laws and treaties. I understand that no license to the use the Marks is granted to me through use of the hashtag or otherwise. I understand and agree that misuse and commercial use of the Marks is strictly prohibited. I agree to immediately remove my photo from Instagram containing Marks if Henri Bendel asks me to do so based on a breach of these Terms.
- I agree that my tagged photo was not created by a professional photographer, unless he/she has specifically given you the right to post the photo.
- I agree that I will not use the #hbluxelife with any photo that includes any threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, hateful, profane, indecent, racially or ethnically derogatory, or otherwise objectionable language or images.
- I agree that Henri Bendel has no obligation to ever use my tagged photo, but if used, it can be removed by Henri Bendel from its website or other media, in its sole discretion, at any time.
- I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Henri Bendel, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to my violation or breach of these Terms.
- In connection with my tagged photo, I affirm, represent, and warrant that I have the full and exclusive right and authority to grant the rights granted in these Terms, and I agree that these Terms do not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on my part.
Notice for Copyright Infringement
We do not permit copyright infringing activities on this website. We may remove any content of any kind from a user ("User Communications") if properly informed that the User Communications infringe another's copyright rights. We may terminate the ability to submit User Communications if, under appropriate circumstances, a person submitting User Communications to this website is determined to be a repeat infringer.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent for such owner and believe that any User Communications on this website by third parties or other material infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify us by providing the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists;
- Identification of the User Communication(s) or material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit Henri Bendel to locate the same;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the User Communication(s) or material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
General Counsel's Office
c/o L Brands, Inc.
Three Limited Parkway
Columbus, OH 43230 U.S.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your notice may not be valid.
HENRI BENDEL #HBLUXELIFE PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SMARTPHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE WITH INSTAGRAM APP REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1. Eligibility. The #HBLuxeLife Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and have reached the age of majority in the state or territory of residence. Employees of Henri Bendel, Inc. and its parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules (“Rules”) and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing. The Contest begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2014, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 21, 2014 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is divided into three (3) weekly judging periods, as follows:
Week 1: 12:00 AM ET April 1, 2014 – 11:59 PM ET April 7, 2014
Week 2: 12:00 AM ET April 8, 2014 – 11:59 PM ET April 14, 2014
Week 3: 12:00 AM ET April 15, 2014 – 11:59 PM ET April 21, 2014
Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter. You must use a smartphone or other mobile device with Instagram application to enter the Contest. The Instagram application is free; go to www.instagram.com for information on how to download and use the application. To enter, show us how you live the luxe life by snapping a selfie of your own personal luxe look! Henri Bendel accessories are welcome, but not required, in your photo. Upload your photo to Instagram during the Contest Period to @HenriBendel with the hashtag #HBLuxeLife (upon submission, an “Entry”). Entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Limitations on Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per weekly judging period. Your Entry must be your own work, and not created with the assistance of another person. Entries must not contain anything that (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group (which include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language); (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; or (viii) Sponsor in its sole discretion determines that the content of the Submission is at least one of the following: insults, attacks, harasses, bullies, threatens, demeans or impersonates others; contains “hate speech,” whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories targets minors or promotes products or services that are illegal for use by minors in their jurisdiction, or that are deemed to be unsafe or inappropriate; contains adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative; contains content that is shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portrays excessive violence; is otherwise obscene, offensive, or inappropriate; links to or promotes a webpage; or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor will moderate the Instagram photostream and remove or request removal of any Entries it deems inappropriate.
6. Winner Selection. Approximately one (1) business day following the end of each weekly judging period, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor, which will include members of the Henri Bendel marketing and creative teams (“Judges”), will review all eligible Entries submitted during that weekly judging period and select one (1) winning Entry. Judges’ decisions are final and binding, and will be based equally upon the following criteria: originality, creativity, photo quality, and consistency with the Henri Bendel brand image (“Judging Criteria”). In determining originality and creativity, the Judges may consider the quantity of “Likes” associated with an Entry in their discretion, but the number of “Likes” will not determine the winning Entries. The Entry with the overall top score in the Judging Criteria will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the Judges will re-apply the Judging Criteria to determine the winner.
Please note that you must review your Entry on Instagram after each week of the Contest Period to in order to learn whether you have won. Instagram does not consistently facilitate direct messaging, so Sponsor may not have the ability to communicate directly with you. Sponsor may only notify winner that she/he has won by adding a comment to the Entry, indicating that it is the winner.
7. Winner Requirements and Notification. The potential winners will be notified via Instagram in a public comment to the winning Entry. Sponsor will also notify potential winners via Instagram direct messaging, if available. Entrants are strongly advised to visit or review Entries through Instagram after each week of the Contest Period in order to learn whether they have won. Sponsor's official Instagram account, "@HenriBendel," will post a public comment to the potential winning Entry indicating that the Entry has been selected as the winner ("Winner Notification"). Potential winner must respond to the Winner Notification within three (3) calendar days. Sponsor will forward an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) to potential winner, which potential winner must sign and return to Sponsor within three (3) calendar days of the date sent, in order to claim his/her prize. At the discretion of Sponsor, any potential winner may be disqualified for failing to respond to a Winner Notification within the time specified, failing to execute and return the required documents within the time specified, making false statements, not complying with these Rules, or failing to receive a Winner Notification because it is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or because potential winner failed to review an Entry to determine if it was selected as a potential winning Entry on Instagram. In the event of a disqualification, the Entry with the next highest score may then be declared an alternate winner.
8. Prizes; Odds. There will be three (3) winners; one for each weekly judging period of the Contest. Each winner will receive one (1) $250 Henri Bendel gift card. Limit one (1) prize per person. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions indicated on the face of the cards and can be redeemed online or in stores. Total ARV of all prizes: $750.00. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. If a prize or portion thereof is lost or stolen, it will not be replaced. The odds of winning a prize in the Contest depend on the number and quality of all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. All federal, state, and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winners’ sole responsibility. Winners may be required to submit social security number or taxpayer ID number in order to claim a prize.
9. Release. As a condition of entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Instagram, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Assignment of Rights. Entrants agree that upon submitting an Entry, Sponsor shall have an unlimited worldwide royalty free license to reproduce the Entry, may create any derivative works of the Entry, and shall have the right to publish the Entry in any media whatsoever, including, without limitation, in connection with Sponsor-operated or owned social media properties, websites and photostreams. By entering the Contest, entrant represents that the Entry is entrant’s own original work, created for the purpose of entering the Contest, and that the Entry does not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, as specified in Section 5 above.
11. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s personal name, Instagram user name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedures outlined above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitation Of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or misdirected email; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible.
14. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York, NY, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, U.S.A.
16. Winner List. To receive a copy of the winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #HBLuxeLife Photo Contest, Winners List, 666 Fifth Avenue, Fourth Floor, New York, NY, U.S.A. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
© 2014 Henri Bendel, Inc. All rights reserved.